SeaTac, Wash. - Sea-Tac Airport is offering travel tips ahead of one of the busiest travel weeks of the year – Thanksgiving – when more than 900,000 people will travel through the airport from Tuesday, Nov. 20 through Monday, Nov. 26.
“More than half of the travelers (54 percent) on a typical day at Sea-Tac Airport only fly one or two times during the year, which means many of our visitors haven't experienced some of our most significant changes,” the airport said in a news release.
To help improve the travel experience for those navigating through Sea-Tac, the airport is offering the following tips:
- Use the Sea-Tac Airport App to follow security wait times, gate information and more.
- Use the new SEA Visitor Pass program to meet up with friends and family inside the terminal.
- Text “Update” to 206-347-8045 to receive text alerts.
- Arrive at least two hours early for a domestic flight, and three hours early for an international flight.
- Check in and print boarding passes prior to arriving
- Use alternate modes of transportation -- such as light rail, public transit, ride-sharing, etc. to get to the airport
Click here for more helpful tips on how to navigate through Sea-Tac Airport.
While Thanksgiving weekend is expected to draw a large number of travelers, according to airport officials, “This isn't the busiest time of the year for Sea-Tac, which is during the summer months between June and August.”
More news from KIRO 7
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE NEWS APP
© 2019 Cox Media Group.
Let's have fun! (??)